It has been hard to put words to what has been happening in and around me, sooo I have not blogged- but I must try.
So I will just start with, God has moved.
Anyone reading this that lives here and goes to our church- kind-of knows what I mean. Something is happening and it is supernatural and sometimes taking supernatural things and packaging them in words is tricky.
Revival minus the white tent~
Revival Re*viv"al, n. [From Revive.] from Webster's
The act of reviving, or the state of being revived. Specifically:
(a) Renewed attention to something
(b) Renewed interest in God, after indifference and decline; a period of religious awakening
(c) Reanimation from a state of langour or depression
(d) Renewed pursuit or cultivation
(e) Renewed prevalence of something, as a practice or a fashion.
(f) (Law) Restoration of force, validity, or effect; renewal
Here we go- what's been taking place:
1. It is as if everything I have said I believe is all of the sudden and miraculously real to me... Heaven, God in me, Freedom from bondage, my purpose here.
2. And because it is real I am living as if it is real.
3. And living that way costs me something- costs me everything.
4. So we start to consider our priorities and realize we value things like comfort and people's opinions and happiness.
5. And then God says die and sell everything we own and hate this life.
6. And we say ok-
7. And we start thinking things like should we sell our new house or we have an empty bed- let's fill it with a child that needs a home and let's invite our neighbors to Easter dinner.
8. And then the people around us start saying things like don't do it for the wrong reasons-like the love of adventure or for our own glory. And we say ok- thanks for the heads up.
9. And then we have people who are praying the same prayers and thinking the same thoughts and something is happening- not a feeling or love of adventure or desire for glory but something within us that is from God, a call to more- to die- to live.
10. And my heart is bleeding and I can't make it stop. So we are praying and willing and dreaming of living for heaven instead of the american dream and it is changing everything. And I am strangely ok with that.
The Rev's sermon that God has used:
The blog that started it all (Read entry below about her- Entitled to My Good life):